Saturday 3 February 2007

iPAQ - No.1


I would like to introduce to you, my new personal digital assistant (PDA) iPAQ rx4540!
I bought it in Dec 2006 when it came out, back in Japan.
Before this, I used Casio Cassiopeia which I bought in 2000, it was colour, had infra-red and a VGA camera. It works fine, but the battery is wearing down, doesn't have bluetooth or wifi, and is heavy! The new iPAQ is half the weight at 127g, and is half the size too. As you can see in the picture, it is a bit bigger than a credit card - or in this case, Oyster card (London Underground).

I wanted something light, and can read/write Japanese. If you are Japanese, English phones can be a problem, since it can't read or write Japanese! One option is to buy a Windows smartphone, but that for me is too big. I have a big enough instrument (cello) thank you! Everything else needs to be very small, so my biggest treasure (ie the cello) get's the spotlight!

I am very happy with my new PDA! I will tell you a bit more soon!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you take this photo??
    Looking forward to your next time!M

    ReplyDelete