Wednesday 7 February 2007

iPAQ - No.2

There's two ways of using email on iPAQ, one is via WiFi (Wireless LAN) and another is by Bluetooth. The WiFi is the one I use when I'm at home. It's free, and much quicker than booting up the PC in the morning!

When I'm out and about, I use my mobile phone via bluetooth. In my previous PDA, it only had irda (infrared). Infrared, if you don't know, is those things you use on your TV remote. The one on my PDA had shorter range, so it can be tricky on bumpy trains, holding both my PDA and mobile, with both infrared facing each other, and only 5cm apart! It get's even more tricky, if the train conductor comes to check the ticket!

With bluetooth, the mobile just has to be in range, in my case, within 10m. So it can stay in my bag. Much smarter!

In the UK, there's several mobile networks. I sometimes go to remote locations, where only one network is present. So, I am armed with several mobile sims, ready for all eventualities!

By the way, it can connect to normal internet sites too. With GPRS, the speed is about the same as dial-up. Not bad, but my sister has a 3G phone, nearly 10 times faster...

1 comment:

  1. You are just like the person just came out from Q's office!!M

    ReplyDelete